1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Saturday 10 October 2009

Clutch case clean-up

I've been busy in the shed over the past few days and made a start on Abigails' clutch side outer casing. It was pretty badly corroded as you can see from the earlier post, so first step was to attack it with the wet 'n' dry. There is quite a bit of detail and awkward shapes on this casing, so getting into all the corners was a real pain. But I've done the best I can and I reckon it'll polish up OK. Remember, I don't want a 'mint' condition bike, I want one that looks like it was made in the 60's. With that in mind I haven't sanded out every scratch or dint. Those go to make up the history of the bike, like laughter lines on an old womans face. Anywho, this is what I've got now.


I put a lot of effort into the large circular section because I want that to look really good, but the rest I just want clean and bright.


Next, it's time to get busy with this lot! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment