1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Work continues on the calliper mount

Having made the MDF template, I transferred the shape to a piece of 6mm steel and rough cut it out. The overall length needed to be stretched 20mm to accommodate the kink needed to clear the swing arm. You can see the parallel still on the picture below.
Once the basic shape was cut out and drilled to fit the calliper, I put the piece of steel on a diet and trimmed it down as far as I could. Anywho, this is how it looks now.

I've gone off the idea of bending it now. the minimum kink required is 5mm so I'm thinking of cutting in half and notching 1mm out of one piece before welding the two bits back together. I'll experiment with the MDF template first to see how it looks.
I have to say this is the slowest bit of fabrication known to man... But at least it's progress. More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment