1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Tuesday 15 May 2012

What every shed needs...

... is a patio!

How many times have you been feverishly working away and realised you need to get away from the project for a minute to collect yourself. Can't see the problem for looking is an all to common occurrence for me so I figured what was called for was a calm piece of Eden where I could slow down, relax and contemplate the next stage.

Just outside my shed is a scrap of land not fit for a much and filled with junk plants and mess.

Hour or two with a spade, pick and wrecking bar and you get this.


Next it's Mr Shovel and we're almost ready to lay the concrete base...


... Bit of shuttering to square things up and 10 mixes later...


I've got some leftover paving from the courtyard I built at the back of the house which I'll lay this weekend (if it stays dry!). Add a bench-cum-table and hey presto! My very own 'chill space'.

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment