1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Tuesday 7 July 2009

This is home

My last introduction is for my shed. All true petrol heads need a creative space, a cave in which to create and this is mine.
Things to note;
1) Shelving and storage is mainly confined to the back wall. I used to have shelves all the way down the side walls but this restricted the floor area too much. The new layout is better but I have to be quite strict on what I keep.
2) Bench situated under the window for maximum natural light and a pleasing view of the garden. The window also overlooks the kitchen door giving an early warning of approaching wife or child.
3) A large chalk board for scribbling down ideas or plans. Very handy.
4) Large gas bottle cut and ready to become a wood burning stove. All it needs is the flu pipe and I will be snug as a bug on those cold winter evenings.
The bench, window and double garage doors are all of my own creation (I studied bench joinery when my wife and I bought our first house together) and I fitted all the electrics myself as well as re-roofing the structure with corregated tin. It could do with a lick of paint on the wall and floor and that is planned for this summer.
Not a bad little den though I say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment