1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Sunday 23 September 2012

Let me introduce Zed.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please put your hands together for.... (drum roll)...


Zed!
She is a Kawasaki Z400 circa 1979 (ish) though that will have to be verified by the VJMC as she's arrived with no paperwork or registration number whatsoever. Lots very good about her and also lots not so good about her. Tin ware is sound and chrome is good. Few little dents and scrapes, but nothing frightening. Not delving too deeply at this point because she's got to be completely stripped and re-built no matter what, but couldn't get her to go up the gears. That said, the lever fouls the engine casings so may not be the correct one or it's been poorly fitted/bent. No obvious oil leaks and the frame looks straight so that's all gravy too.

This is what I've been building up to with all the work I've done in the shed. I plan to build a street scrambler/bobber out of her that is light and clean with nothing there that isn't essential to make her work or stay legal.

First job is to get her registered so I'm off to join the VJMC and part with £50! Heyho. I plan to keep a full and honest diary of the build which will contain my hopes, plans and schemes as well as my goofs, problems and headaches!

Keep watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment